Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chronic Pain And Me

For those already familiar with my other blog, Not A Stepford Wife, I've decided to seperate the chronic pain issues, and of course, WCB issues into this blog, and keep the other focused on family life.

For those not familiar with me, buckle in and hold on tight. I'll be copying some of the entries from my other blog to bring you up to speed, but for now, here's the basics:

I was working as a nursing attendant, with plans to pursue my education to become an LPN (Licenced Practical Nurse). I was working 6 days a week, double shifts, the sole income support for my family. Worked afternoon shifts, 3-11pm, so that my husband could start his own business during the day, and still enable me to homeschool our eldest daughter. On May 20th, 2008, everything changed...in ways I could not have predicted.

I was grabbed by a resident I was working with. Long story short, I was initially diagnosed with a strain/sprain of right shoulder through fingers. A partially torn shoulder tendon was found later via MRI. Then, in July, I was diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) aka Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).

Its been a roller coaster, to say the least. Chronic pain is enough to deal with, but adding in marriage, family...and the Workers Compensation Board (WCB) on top of it, and you have the makings of a level of Hades never dreamed of.

Stay tuned...when travelling through hell, the only thing to do is keep going...and I can use the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment